A new FREE ALPHA release of the FastRTM solver for Windows is available to download. This is version Alpha 0.6.
What’s New in version 0.6:
We completed a series of preliminary benchmarks and we are proud to confirm that FastRTM produces consistent and reliable results, very close to those made available by similar commercial solver on the market.
This new ALPHA release introduces (among minor bug fixes) the following main improvements:
- performance improvement (speed) of the solver by a factor of 6;
- better handling of preform orientations in solid models using non-isotropic permeabilities;
- added few pre-solver checks to the input deck loader to catch and report common errors (such as wrong preform definitions, orientations, step definitions) to final users;
- improved result’s writers.
Converting previous models:
We hope you appreciate this is a largely under development prototype and for this reason we cannot assure compatibility among ALPHA versions. It’s likely that input files generated for version 0.5 will not run with this new version. More in particular, you should double check:
- step writer(s): we slightly changed syntax and keywords of the result WRITER(s) within the STEP definition. Please check the manual of the new version
- orientation(s): you should now specify a preform orientation via ORIENTATION=… option of the PREFORM card. Only exception is for section using isotropic permeability tensors
Download and Install version 0.6:
- SOLVER: click HERE to download the portable ZIP file of the Solver. Follow instructions below to install and run
- VIEWER: click HERE to download the portable version of the CAEViewer with FastRTM ready-to-go drivers to view results from FastRTM simulations
- EXAMPLE: click HERE download two ready-to-go input decks of one of our benchmarks
Follow the installation instruction from our previous ALPHA release HERE
Enjoy and Feedback Us
Please don’t forget to feedback us. Your feedback is really valuable to us, especially at this early development stage.
We hope you will enjoy FastRTM solver.
We are very excited about latest development and we already identified the next waves of enhancements:
- an dedicated Graphical User Interface within the CAE Viewer to allow defining Shaper RTM steps, run jobs interactively and retrieving results;
- a second loop of solver optimization (we are targeting another meaningful improvements of the overall performances) – our ambitious target is to cut running time of another factor 5;
- additional solver options such as:
- specifically defined vent outlet(s)
- effects of resin hydrostatic pressure during the infusion
- capability to identify and track resin traps
The FastRTM Team